Find

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Infamous [2009]




Infamous from Suckerpunch was one of those games I had to do research before buying. After all, it was a new franchise from a production company I've never heard of before. The reviews that I read were relatively positive; however, I remained skeptical. The fact that the main character can roam freely throughout this neo-city with electro power while listening to the ambient sounds of Amon Tobin is what sold me. I had to get this game, and so I did.

I have to say the graphics are awesome. For the amount of detail that the city has the graphics are great. I did experience occasional slow downs, but not by much and not in critical situations (e.g. boss fights). But what it lacked in smooth frame rate it made up in overall gameplay.

The plot is intriguing. I don't know if it's the greatest, but it definitely kept me entertained and wanting to see it through. The characters quickly grew on me; the ambient sounds and voice acting submerged me into the game, which I believe accounts for that. The fact that my actions also determined not only whether I’m a hero, anti-hero, or villain, but the city resident's reaction to me added another level of gameplay. The controls are also note worthy; allowing special moves execution to be seamless, enabling you to focus on the game.

However Infamous is not without its flaws. The side missions quickly become repetitive and somewhat annoying. They do get progressively more challenging, but the lack of variety makes you wonder if the developers ran out of ideas or if they were just plain lazy. Thankfully they are optional, but if you want to build your character it's the only way to go.

Infamous is definitely one of those games that I didn't expect much from, but ended up getting a lot more. The excellent environment and character graphics, high quality voice acting, atmospheric soundtrack, plot, and overall gameplay makes this a great game.
coming soon


Graphics 9/10
Sound 10/10
Gameplay 8.5/10

No comments:

Post a Comment